Maintenance Technician II
Job Title: Maintenance Technician II
Reports To: Facilities Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
PURPOSE OF JOB: Maintain Conservancy buildings, grounds, vehicles/vessels, and mechanical equipment at Nature Center and at other Conservancy properties as scheduled and directed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform grounds maintenance, painting and carpentry work as directed.
• Assist with electrical, mechanical and plumbing work
• Normal work schedule for this position is Tuesday through Saturday. 40hrs/wk
• As necessary for business needs and as pre-scheduled, work schedule will include some evening coverage and Sunday coverage.
• As necessary, and as scheduled, perform on-call duties.
• As necessary, work overtime for emergency situations.
• Checks Conservancy campus daily for any mechanical, building or safety issues.
• Maintains cleanliness of buildings and fill in for Custodial duties as necessary; mopping, vacuuming, dusting, cleaning of bathrooms, empty trash etc.
• Meets with outside vendors and assists with coordination of contracted work.
• Perform setup/tear down and cleaning of rooms for Conservancy Events.
• Minimum 2-3 years of experience in performing maintenance of buildings, grounds, and equipment. Some knowledge in trades: electrical, plumbing, carpentry, mechanical
• Proven Painting experience and skills
• Team oriented and good communication skill
• Detailed oriented to performing competent work efficiently and safely
• Must have a valid Florida Drivers License
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Two to three years related experience and training in Building and Grounds Maintenance
• Technical Training a plus
• Computer Knowledge and skills (Microsoft office suite of products)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to work on/from a ladder
• Ability to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb, and balance
• Ability to read, write, speak and understand English. Bi-lingual in English/Spanish a plus.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL, DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical demands: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move 10-25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision; ability to adjust focus.
• Work Environment:While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is sometimes exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and outside weather. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above statements describe the general qualifications and duties required to perform the job. The general nature and level of work performed. This is not a complete list of duties; additional duties may be assigned by management.