Administrative Support Assistant
Job Title: Administrative Support Assistant
Reports To: Event & Corporate Relations Manager
PURPOSE OF JOB: The Administrative Support Assistant is responsible for supporting the Events and Education teams, performing administrative tasks, including scheduling event or program participation, assisting with school program and summer Camp registration and participant tracking, digital event set-up, and accurate data entry into the Conservancy’s constituent and member records. Other business support responsibilities will include, processing invoicing, auction inventory cataloging.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Serves as primary information and registration contact point for event and educational programs and camps.
• Supports the Events and Education teams with program, camp and fundraiser events.
• Assists with all general office procedures including but not limited to auction data entry, RSVP’s, Education Program and Camp bookings, outgoing calls, emails, filing, reports, and budgets.
• Uses Blackbaud Altru and Raiser’s Edge (customer relationship software) to record all customer transitions and event/program registrations.
• Coordinates summer camp registration; checks-in/out camp attendees and assists in summer camp planning.
• Business support responsibilities will include, processing invoicing, auction inventory cataloging and digital event set-up.
• Attends meetings; records and distributes the meeting minutes, as needed.
• Ability to occasionally work weekends and evenings
• Other duties, as needed, may be assigned by management.
• Associate’s degree (A. A.) from two-year College or university; or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Two or more years of office support experience in business with working knowledge of general office procedures and effective writing and typing skills.
• Excellent professional phone skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Conversational Spanish preferred.
• Fluency in Google Suite and Microsoft Teams, preferred.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, internet and the ability to learn new computer programs quickly; experience in Altru and Raiser’s Edge, desirable.
• Very proficient in use of office automation and the internet as a resource for information gathering and productivity. Specifically, able to demonstrate high user ability in the following: MS Office Suite, focusing on Word (advanced), Excel (advanced), Outlook, and Internet Explorer, with knowledge of PowerPoint a plus. Proficient in Windows 2000, Microsoft Word essential.
• Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced team environment.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize needs.
• Availability to work nontraditional office hours.
• Interest in the mission of the Conservancy of Southwest Florida, desirable.
• Experience working in nonprofit environment a plus.
The above statements describe the general qualifications required to perform the job and the general nature and level of work performed.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public. Ability to add, subtracts, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Valid driver license and good driving record.
PHYSICAL, DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision at 20 feet or more and color vision with the ability to identify and distinguish colors
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.