Technical Support Specialist
Job Title: Technical Support Specialist
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Business Systems Administrator
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
PURPOSE OF JOB: Assists Information Technology department staff in overall management of the Information Services (IS) department. Responsible for daily user support of technology and audio /visual activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Works with the Vice President to manage a strategic process for the identification of potential funders; facilitates discussion with appropriate Department Directors related to grant-funding opportunities, writing and submission of grants, and writing and submission of funding reports.
• Primary contact for handling staff, intern and volunteer technical support cases through Virtual, PC, phone, and email submission.
• Updating staff, interns and volunteers with tech tips and brief documents.
• Maintaining system functionality by monitoring and testing computer components.
• Troubleshooting technical hardware and software issues through collecting relevant data, identifying and evaluating options and taking the necessary course of action.
• Maintain client confidence by keeping their information confidential.
• Maintaining working components through repair or replacement.
• Assisting call-ins or live chat with technical difficulties.
• Assisting customers and staff with software application challenges.
• Monitoring and maintaining Network, wired, and wireless connectivity issues.
• Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
• Communicate and coordinate with technology team regarding assigned tasks and responsibilities.
• Assists in Managing Technology Purchasing and Administration:
o Assists and communicates with vendors to document and convey planning, achieve goals, and assure quality.
o Assists with technology inventory and supplies.
o Provides hands-on technology or audio/visual assistance when needed, to include desktop, server, or software support.
o Operates organizational technology and audio-visual equipment, when required.
o Assists with researching, evaluating , and recommending new technologies.
o Maintains computer network documentation.
o Recommends organizational purchases of hardware, software, and operating systems.
o Assists with developing appropriate policies and procedures.
o Performs scheduled hardware, software, and network maintenance.
o Works with individual departments to ensure third-party support of unique applications and equipment such as projectors, cash registers and copy machines.
o Assists with the maintenance of Technology processes and procedures handbook.
o Assists with day-to-day technology communication with staff, interns, volunteers and external entities.
o Primary contact for Dalton Discovery technology and Mobile Classroom technology.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Supports COSWF board, committee, special events, and third parties with technology tasks.
• Two to five years experience support and toubleshooting of Microsoft, Adobe applications including Windows 10, Office 365, Teams, Microsoft Office 365, and Zoom software.
• Experience supporting and troubleshooting PC, Mac,and Android devices, including Desktops, Laptops, and portable devices.
• Two to five year experience supporting and troubleshooting Microsoft-based network infrastructure and devices.
• Basic understanding of Audio / Visual equipment and operation.
• Knowledge of network management and systems software management.
• ComptTIA A+ and Network+ Certification desireable.
• Strong business sense with keen written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to work confidentially with data.
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Strong commitment to environmental conservation.
The above statements described the general qualifications required to perform the job and the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not a complete list of duties, and additional duties may be assigned by management.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Two-to-five-year experience and/or education in technology support.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of network management and systems software management desirable.
• Database and report design and implementation skills with working knowledge of SQL. Experience with MS SQL Server desired.
• General knowledge of Windows 10 / 2019 Server platforms, Mac OSX, Windows , and Microsoft Office 365
• Knowledge of Blackbaud Product Suite for Non-Profits a plus.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• ComptTIA A+ and Network+ Certification desirable.
• Florida Driver’s License
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds. Special vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, and color vision with the ability to focus.
Work Environment: The employee occasionally exposed to vibration, fumes or airborne particles, and risk of electrical shock, and regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid and outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.