Job Title: Events Manager
Reports To: Vice President
FLSA Status: Exempt
PURPOSE OF JOB: Provides event planning for Conservancy fundraising and promotional events. Oversees Events Assistant. Manages all Corporate sponsorships.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Oversees and manages all aspects of major special events, including Magic under the Mangroves, RedSnook, Earth Day, Annual Recognition Breakfast, beneficiary events, and any new fundraising events. Manages event logistics and vendors for all special events.
• Leads all event committees and manages auction procurement and fundraising goals for each special event.
• Leverages and manages corporate support for special events, including overseeing the key role of stewardship.
• Tracks corporate sponsorship and maintains goals for each event; per fiscal year
• Supports Conservancy organizational/promotional events such as Annual Meeting, Earth Day.
• Supports Development staff by coordinating private donor and cultivation events.
• Trains and supervises Event Assistant position that assists with fundraising events.
• Manages budgets for all fundraising events.
• Works with the Marketing and Creative Director in the planning, design, implementation and execution of event collateral.
• Works with the Marketing and Creative Director in planning the media production of event collateral.
• Manages and trains volunteers directly associated with events.
• Develops detailed project plan for each event including the mapping of systems and processes to support event objectives.
• Manages stewardship program for corporate partners, event patrons and attendees.
• Manages negotiation and coordination of event agreements, i.e. contracts, leases and insurances.
• Provides acquisition and adherence to necessary compliance documentation.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred in business or hospitality administration, marketing, or tourism.
• Minimum of three to five years’ experience in non- profit event planning and management, including direct experience with high-grossing live and silent auctions.
• Experience leading and managing diverse event committees.
• Ability to prioritize, process, and follow through with event planning/management on a systematic basis with extreme accuracy and attention to detail.
• Excellent communication (verbal and written), budgeting, organizational, time management, interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Well-organized and skilled in coordinating event logistics.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, knowledge of Altru and auction management software, a plus.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to work weekends and evenings.
The above statements describe the general qualifications required to perform the job and the general nature and level of work performed - not a complete list of duties - additional responsibilities may be assigned by management. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university with related major; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Valid Florida Driver’s License
PHYSICAL, DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision; ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.