Human Resources Administrative Assistant
PURPOSE OF JOB: This is an entry-level Human Resources Administrative Assistant position and is a great career developing opportunity in a non-profit environment and future role expansion is available based on performance. Provides confidential administrative support services and assistance to the Human Resources and Operations Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides administrative assistance to the HR and Operations manager, ensuring all confidential HR documents are maintained.
• Assists with background checks, drug screenings and ensure all are completed and documentation recorded.
• Assists in compliance with Drug Free Workplace provisions; maintain records, and processes test requirements for regular and Coast Guard programs.
• Assists with policy record keeping for Human Resources, Internship Program, Guest Services and Good Fortune II program, and communicate any discrepancies to the Human Resources and Operations Manager.
• Provides support to the Internship Program, including Orientations, dorm maintenance reports, exit interview and weekly updates to all program participants.
• Assists maintain phone directories, birthday/anniversary announcements and support preparations for the All Staff meetings and social hours.
• Prepares minutes from the All Staff meetings.
• Assists with database maintenance for benefits.
• Assists with new hire orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals.
• Assists with personnel records on employees, such as hires, exit interviews and termination documentation.
• Assists monitoring the online hiring application process and reference checks.
• Assists with special projects, such as salary surveys.
• Assists with Employee Handbook and other human resources policies, procedures, and form reviews and updates.
• Assists with monitoring employee training throughout the year.
OTHER / NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
The above statements describe the general qualifications required to perform the job and the general nature and level of work performed. Other duties, as needed, may be assigned by management.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public. Ability to add, subtracts, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Professional verbal and writing skills; organizational skills. To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of internet software; spreadsheet software and word processing software.
• A strong commitment to the Conservancy's mission.
• Two or more years of office support experience in business with working knowledge of general office procedures and effective writing and typing skills.
• Excellent professional phone skills.
• Experience working in nonprofit environment a plus.
• Conversational Spanish a plus.
• Ability to process information, prioritize duties, and follow through with details essential.
• Very proficient in use of office automation and the internet as a resource for information gathering and productivity. Specifically, able to demonstrate high user ability in the following: MS Office Suite, focusing on Word (advanced), Excel (advanced), Outlook, and Internet Explorer, with knowledge of PowerPoint a plus.
• Working knowledge of spreadsheets and database programs essential.
• Organized and task oriented.
• Team player with individual initiative.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize needs.
• Excellent people skills.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Associate’s degree (A. A.) from two-year College or university; or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: Physical demands: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision; ability to adjust focus. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
WORK SCHEDULE: Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week
Date Posted: 11.8.2021