Education Support Assistant
Job Title: Education Support Assistant
Reports To: Education Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt/Part-time
PURPOSE OF JOB: The part-time Education Support Assistant is responsible for supporting the Education team and performing administrative tasks, including scheduling events, managing event registration, communicating with program participants, and using the Blackbaud Altru constituent relations system and Google Suite. The Education Support Assistant is also responsible for participant tracking, as well as accurate data entry and data management in Altru, Google Suite, and Microsoft Outlook.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Uses Blackbaud Altru and Raiser’s Edge (customer relationship software) to record all customer transitions and event/program registrations, as well as access and track participant data.
• Schedules and creates/maintains schedule for Education Team meetings via Google Suite and MS Outlook/Teams.
• Serves as primary point of contact for Education Team.
• Schedules school outreach and out-of-school-time programs.
• Supports the Education Team with program, camp and fundraiser events.
• Coordinates summer camp registration; contacts registrants, checks-in/out camp attendees, and assists in general summer camp planning.
• Attends Education Team meetings; records and distributes meeting minutes as needed.
• Occasionally works weekends and evenings.
• Occasional Education program facilitation and assistance.
• Management may assign other duties as needed.
The above statements describe the general qualifications required to perform the job and the general nature and level of work performed - not a complete list of duties - additional responsibilities may be assigned by management
• Associate’s degree (A. A.) from two-year college or university; or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Two or more years of office support experience with working knowledge of general office procedures and customer service.
• Professional phone skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including typing proficiency.
• Conversational Spanish preferred.
• Fluency in Google Suite and Microsoft Outlook/Teams preferred.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and an ability to learn new computer programs/skills quickly; experience in Altru and Raiser’s Edge desirable.
• Proficient in use of office automation and the internet as a resource for information gathering and productivity is essential. Specifically, able to demonstrate high user ability in MS Office Suite, focusing on: Word (advanced), Excel (advanced), Outlook, Teams, and Internet Explorer, with knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel a plus.
• Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced team environment.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize needs.
• Availability to work nontraditional office hours.
• Interest in the mission of the Conservancy of Southwest Florida, desirable.
• Experience working in nonprofit environment a plus.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Valid Florida Driver’s License
PHYSICAL, DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision at 20 feet or more and color vision with the ability to identify and distinguish colors
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Date Posted: 12.27.2021