Job Title: Facilities Supervisor
Department: Facilities Department
Reports To: Director of Facilities
FLSA Status: Exempt
PURPOSE OF JOB: The primary purpose of this position is to supervise and direct maintenance staff in the efforts to maintain buildings, grounds, and equipment. This is a working supervisor position with the focus on accountability, reliability while maintaining a collaborative relationship with all departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage day-to-day maintenance of the equipment, buildings, grounds, vehicles and boats.
• Oversee assigned maintenance staff using a hands-on approach.
• Perform diagnosis and simple repair of HVAC, electrical, plumbing, and carpentry assets.
• Maintain accurate inventory of vehicles, boats, trailers, and equipment.
• Act as point person and oversee independent contractors on Conservancy related jobs and activities, such as contracted technicians for mechanical, electrical, painting, security, pest control, fire alarms, etc. as needed.
• Assist in the development and management of the facilities/maintenance budget.
• Assistants performing annual performance review of assigned staff. Monitor and manage the performance throughout the period ensuring development, motivation and goal realization.
• Review, code, and forward departmental invoices to Director of Facilities for review and approval.
• Maintain equipment/system maintenance manuals.
• Ensure usage of eMaintenance system is used to record all maintenance needs and scheduled work.
• Perform other duties, as assigned.
• Assistants the Director of Facilities and Maintenance Coordinator with health, safety and security needs and ensures the facilities staff are performing operations in a safe manner.
• Demonstrated ability to supervise and coordinate maintenance work activities.
• Demonstrated ability and experience to perform high level preventive maintenance and repair of equipment, buildings, and grounds, while ensuring safety standards are met.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Strong organizational and leadership abilities.
• Capable of immediate decisions on 24-hour basis for emergency actions.
• Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with individuals of diverse interests and backgrounds in a positive manner.
• Team oriented.
• Working knowledge of computers for communications, correspondence, and spreadsheet use.
• Experience negotiating contracts, securing proposals, and supervision of contracted work.
• Knowledge of environmentally safe and green practices preferred.
• Strong commitment to the conservation, environmental quality, and natural resources.
The above statements described the general qualifications required to perform the job and the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not a complete list of duties, and additional duties may be assigned by management.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 3-4 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
OTHER SKILLS: Knowledge and ability to perform high level maintenance and repair to mechanical equipment, electrical equipment, plumbing systems, and building infrastructure. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Valid Driver License and good driving record.
PHYSICAL, DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Physical demands: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships) and the ability to adjust focus. Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is sometimes exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and outside weather conditions. The job requires working near moving mechanical parts and there is a risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Date Posted: 08/15/2022