Maintenance Technician I
Job Title: Maintenance Technician I
Department: Facilities Team
Reports To: Facilities Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
PURPOSE OF JOB: Maintain Conservancy grounds, buildings, vehicles/vessels, and mechanical equipment at Nature Center and at other Conservancy properties as scheduled and directed. This is an entry level position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform grounds and building maintenance.
• Perform setup/tear down for Conservancy Events.
• Assist with electrical, mechanical and plumbing work.
• Available to work 40 hours per week on a rotating schedule to provide facilities team coverage (including weekends).
• Flexible work schedule, when needed.
• As necessary for business needs and as pre-scheduled, work schedule will include some evening coverage and Sunday coverage.
• As necessary, and as scheduled, perform on-call duties.
• As necessary, work overtime for emergencies.
• Maintains cleanliness of buildings and fill in for Custodial Duties as necessary; mopping, vacuuming, dusting, cleaning of bathrooms, empty trash etc.
• 1-2 years of experience in performing maintenance of grounds and buildings.
• Painting experience a plus.
• Ability to work from a ladder.
• Ability to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb, and balance.
• Ability to lift and carry weight up to 40 lbs.
• Ability to read, write, speak and understand English. Bi-lingual in English/Spanish a plus.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Team oriented and good communication skills.
• Detailed oriented to performing competent work efficiently and safely.
• Must have a valid FL Driver’s License
• Background check (including Driving Record Check) required.
The above statements describe the general qualifications and duties required to perform the job. The general nature and level of work performed. This is not a complete list of duties; Management may assign additional duties.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Experience in Building and Grounds Maintenance
• Computer Knowledge and skills